Saturday, January 24, 2009

playlist.

I was driving the other day, I can't remember where I was going. But I was enjoying a great cd mix (kudos to megan for making great mixes!), so many great songs and several that I will listen to over and over.

Music is one of the best thought provokers I think. Just listening to the words or the sounds of the music is enough to make my mind go crazy. I love that.

We associate songs or artists or playlists with different times in our lives or certain people. I have a playlist titled "songs that make me think of you", I don't know what it is about those songs that make me think of "you" but it does. And I can't make it fit for anyone else even if "you" aren't apart of my life anymore. "Chill Me" was made for this fall. "Closing In" was made for this winter and I don't think it is complete just yet. "beginning to fall" (cause you can fall into a lot of things) has been the best lately. Augustana and Rogue Waves latest will always remind me of last summer. One Republic's album will always make me think of you and that time last year that I wasn't working. Jason Mraz will always remind me of high school and Guster and Dashboard will always make me think of that time right after I graduated. I could go on, but I think you get it.

It's crazy to me the way we associate these things. But in the same breath I love it. It's awesome to me that we can take that "trip down memory lane" just by changing the playlist.

I wonder what playlist this season will create. But I love that I will be able to come back to it with a playlist.

No comments: