Thursday, October 9, 2008

inspired.

I have had an inspiration problem lately. I guess nothing has provoked me. And not just for writing, I mean inspiration in life in general. No I'm not depressed. I don't know how to explain this feeling. But that doesn't matter. What matters is that I have realized a few things.

I was at Starbucks today (surprise, surprise) waiting patiently in line. I had just gotten off work for fall break (10 days of life outside of the norm. yes!) and decided a coffee would be nice to really kick things off. An older couple was in line ahead of me and the husband was having a hard time deciding what he wanted. In the midst of this a friendly (or perhaps fake friendly, totally annoyed, yet still friendly) barista asked what I would like. Well, due to my Starbucks habit lately I was just getting drip. She got it for me ahead of the older couple, due to this mans still indecisiveness. At that point the older man looks at the barista and tells her that he will be taking care of my coffee. I told him he didn't have to do that, but he insisted. I thanked him and when on with my afternoon.

Wonderful I tell you. That made my day (well a lot of things have made or will make my day today, but it added to the joy). I have no idea who that man was, but he loved me. And I don't mean anything by that, but he showed love, perhaps the love of Christ.

Can't we all love like a little more? Is that how we can make a difference, change the world?

No comments: