Friday, June 12, 2009

struggle.

I'm struggling. I really am. I love the free time of summer. It has been so great to have time to catch up with people I haven't had time to catch up with a bit and it has been fun chill with the usuals (aka molly and fam. I love them).

But beyond that which only takes up so much time during the week, it is hard. I look forward to going back to work just to stay busy, but I know when it comes I won't be ready. So my goal is to really soak it in.

I don't do well at that. I like to be busy and feel, hmm, I can't explain the feeling...it sets in at night when I'm trying to go to sleep and can't because I didn't do enough that day to be tired...which usually forces to benadryl induced sleep....so I feel....like I didn't do enough, accomplish enough...

*deep breath*.....I don't know what to do either. I have hobbies and things that keep me busy when my work schedule is in full swing. You can only spend so much time doing yoga, or cleaning, or being on facebook. Usually when I have extra time and my body is feeling "normal" I would just workout and run more. And I can't. I have already done too much and pushed myself to hard. And days I do that I pay for it.

I'm paying for it today. I've done too much the last few days and the burning in my shoulders is beyond a 10 on a scale (I like to keep track and enjoy when I'm having a 2 day or a 5 day), even typing is too much. I'll be ok. But the plan needs to be me resting and enjoying the summer.

Monday my plan is to go book shopping. That will help. Suggestions?

Oh and the sun...and pool...that will help....come on SUNSHINE!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jess, what's wrong? how can I pray for you? I didn't know you were in so much pain.

As for suggestions...
1. paint your nails
2. plant some flowers
3. ride a bike
4. Shopping of course!
5. volunteer for 5-10 hrs a week at your church
6. is it selfish to say "leave comments on my blog?" just kidding ;)

Jess said...

Ali you're so sweet...I have been dealing with some nerve inflammation pain/burning for about a year....my neurologist suspects parsonage-turner syndrome..Thanks for your prayers. And suggestions!:) (of course I can leave comments on your blog:))