Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am....

I love yoga. I love my yoga class. I think our instructor is one of the most fascinating women I have ever met. She is so encouraging, so knowledgeable of the human body, so eco friendly, such a hippy in the coolest of ways.

Last night as class began we started in easy pose. Breathing deep, letting go, opening up, preparing for the hour ahead of us. She then posed the idea of "I am." She wanted us to take the "I am" and finish it. To really take hold of that and let it sink it.

I am strong.
I am thankful.
I am beautiful.
I am open.
I am............

I filled that "I am" in with the first word that came to mind. Funny enough it wasn't steadfast (something I often claim). I'm not saying I'm there, steadfast. But that I realized something else, something different than the norm.

Can you do that? Can you finish "I am"? Because we are something. But do we believe it, claim it, let it sink in to the core of our beings? I don't think so. I don't. We are told enough. We don't think it of ourselves enough.

But.

You are fearfully and wonderfully made.
You are loved.
You are chosen.
You are desired.
You are different.
You have inspired.
You add something to the world.
You changed my world.
You are...
I am....
Fill it in.
Hear it.
Claim it.
Say it.

No comments: