Saturday, November 8, 2008

wind.

I was standing outside at work the other day and it was cold. I was super cold. Which is refreshing. I would always rather be cold than hot.

It was cloudy and gray so I was feeling most comfortable. Not to mention the screams and laughs of all my little second graders playing, it was music for the moment. Kids playing is music I think. So much joy, so raw, they don't have a care in the world and that is a beautiful song.

While standing there all bundled up, really counting the minute until I could go in a warm up, the wind blew. And yes I know it does that. But it sounded different. My coat zipped up tight and my body beginning to shiver, it rushed over me and that sound. I don't know what it was, but it stopped me.

You know in the summer the wind is playful and energetic. I love when it blows and moves my hair, reminding us of the playful season. To be free and let go of things.

The wind sounds different now. It is almost warning us to bundle up and prepare to be comfortable inside, chilling you to the very core of your being. It's closer, less wide open than summer wind.

I felt it the other day. Change. I think change is coming. Just like the wind changes so does our lives. Things were so stagnant for a bit of time for me. And now life is ever flowing, always changing. I don't know what to expect, nor do I want to know. I've never really liked surprises before, but I do right now.

Bring on the wind....just not too much. I like to keep my hair in order.:)

No comments: