Friday, November 28, 2008

made it.

I made it through yesterday. It really wasn't that bad. I would have rather sat at "home" alone for the evening, but I went to dinner and it was fine. Being around people is good sometimes.

We had our first bit of snow last night. That was kinda nice and made it "feel" more like a holiday. Have you noticed the older you get the less the holidays "feel" like holidays. Really they are so mundane and full of work. One of these days in my life I want to make them "feel" like they once did.

I got "home" last night and wanted to watch a Christmas movie, but there were none on tv. I really wanted to watch "The Holiday" or "p.s. i love you". "p.s. i love you" is a sad movie. But I was in a kinda sad movie mood. I'm glad there was nothing around to watch. I didn't "need" it.
So I spoiled myself with a bubble bath and stay up late reading. It was good. Just what I needed I think.

One of these days I think the holidays will be different and what I need them to be, maybe. For now. Mundane. And I made it through yesterday.

1 comment:

Ali Farmer said...

David just said the same thing to me a few days about the holidays being mundane...so we are "working" to make them more like they were when we were kids by incorporating lots of fun little traditions.

I think growing up is what makes them work, too many responsibilitees and not enough winter breaks. Oh to be a kid again! Wait, let me clarify, an elementary kid not a middle school kid. ;)