Friday, November 21, 2008

state.

Oh my state of being these days. I don't actually think I could put it into words. So peculiar really.

I feel an extra bounce in my step. Perhaps that is happiness or joy (I hate the word joy. it sounds so fake). Life is much lighter presently than it has been in the past. I have less to think about and feel the free spirited side of me taking flight. I'm just living and that is so much lighter to hold on to. I don't feel the burden of the world on my shoulders. I feel like I can keep my chin up. And really there are so few tears to cry. I'm thankful for this. I don't think I have lived comfortably in this state, ever.

But in the same breath, I feel winter breathing down my neck. I want it to be snowy. I want to get snowed in so I can enjoy being home for a day or so. I want to hibernate like bear. I just feeling like settling in. I can't explain that nor does it make sense with the taking flight free spirited half of me currently.

But I know what I miss and what I really want to settle into. I know the comfortable I long for. But that doesn't matter today. Curiosity or the daily grind will push me. I will keep moving forward. And the state (of being that is) that I'm in will have to be ok for now.

I'm ok with that....today.

No comments: